The NSW Government established an international urban design competition to provide ideas and concepts that will underpin the transformation of the spectacular East Darling Harbour site in Sydney, Australia.
Competition entries called for the following:
-· the provision of a minimum of 50% new foreshore parkland for the people of Sydney,
· enhanced growth and positioning of Sydney as the premier business, cultural and living centre of the Asia-Pacific region
· activate the site with a combination of working and recreational uses
· create a space that will be self funding
· incorporate the Government’s Foreshore Walkway as a vital new cornerstone
· create a 14 km foreshore walk which will be the envy of harbour cities world wide.
Woodhead Interplan design incorporates commercial offices, residential apartments and Hotels, 120 sqm foreshore waterfront parkland, 105 sqm additional city car parking beneath the new building structures and the integration of the existing passenger ship terminal.
East Darling Harbour Redevelopment
Sydney, Australia, 2005